According to the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) Certified Business Analysis Professionals (CBAP) are of growing importance within information technology and business projects of various sizes and complexities, as the range and depth of required professional knowledge continues to expand.
If an information technology project fails, it is often due to poor requirements definition and requirements Management, not bad management of schedule or costs. Consider the statistics:
- 66% of software projects aren't expected to finish on time or on budget
- Completed projects typically operate at only 52% of the proposed functionality
- 56% of project defects originate in the requirements phase of the project
Improving communication with stakeholders, project teams and developers allows for:
- Executing better software development and other projects
- Cutting costs and delays
- Gathering complete and accurate project requirements
- Creating clear and concise business requirements documents
- Managing effective use of resources
- Improving the quality of the final product
Whether you are new to business analysis or interested in earning your Certified Business Analysis Professionals (CBAP) certification from the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), the New Horizons of East Tennessee (Knoxville, Chattanooga and Johnson City-Kingsport-Bristol) can help you acquire the skills you need.